Having a baby is one of the most amazing, life-altering experiences. Surreal and sublime can only describe the feeling of a natural, undisturbed birth. Unfortunately there is a growing school of thought that women cannot safely birth their own babies and we have seen as a result growing concerns especially when we look at the numbers that reveal a decrease in natural vaginal births as well as unnecessary and dangerous interventions. Studies reveal that doulas improve birth outcomes,
“Doula-assisted mothers were four times less likely to have a low birth weight (LBW) baby, two times less likely to experience a birth complication involving themselves or their baby, and significantly more likely to initiate breastfeeding. Communication with and encouragement from a doula throughout the pregnancy may have increased the mother’s self-efficacy regarding her ability to impact her own pregnancy outcomes.”
What do I offer my clients?
All my clients can ask for all of my services. The most important thing is that you are emotionally, practically and physically prepared for the birth of your baby. We will spend our first time just in conversation. I’ll be listening to you. I’ll be listening to your aspirations, your joys, your preferences and fears. As the months go on we will meet several times -either online or in person. We will discuss in advance how to use our meeting time. We’ll also use our time together to loo at some birth positions and practice comfort measures. If you wish, I can help you with your birth plan. When labour begins I’ll be there to rub your back, hold your hand, apply pressure, massage, or simply sit back and protect your space.
A doula will:
Protect your space
Offer comfort measures and pain relief
She may be able to help you with holistic health approaches (pain management, breathing techniques, fetal positioning, relaxation, massage etc)
She will be there to listen to you
She will help you make informed choices by providing useful information
She can help your spouse and extended family to help you
She may undertake some domestic tasks
She can stay with your baby in the event it is needed
She can support you with breastfeeding
She can help create a calm, relaxing and safe environment for your baby’s arrival
Birth doulaFull service
- Your pregnancy is a precious time. Your body is growing and nurturing your baby; it is also having an affect on you. I’m here to support you emotionally, offer you comfort measures, and help you find your voice and rhythm. I will provide you with evidence-based information and ensure you get off to a good start as you enter early motherhood. You can take advantage of my other services (subject to terms).
Remote Birth SupportVideo call
- This approach to support focuses on providing you with personalised live online antenatal education. I will also be on-call during the 4 weeks surrounding your birth. You will also receive a gift and resource pack from me, that will help you make a smooth transition into motherhood.
Personalised Antenatal Doula workshopsStarting from
- This is much like the remote support without the need of my support for birth. You can choose the topics and package that suits your budget. I’ll always be a message away if you need me at any point up to birth.
- This is a 4 week bundle:
- Week 1- Sunday- Friday 15 hours
- Week 2-Sunday- Friday 10 hours
- Week 3- 2 hours
- Week 4- 1 hour
- Total 28 hours of support
- At 6 weeks you can have a complimentary Mizan treatment
- This package focuses on allowing you to have support for two weeks.
- A total of 15 hours
- A Mizan treatment at 6 weeks